Window Tinting Low-Down
Tinting is what we do. We’re not a car wash and we don’t change tires (although you can get them changed while at our shop). We are the window tint experts. We’ve been tinting windows for over 5 years now and we’ve done hundreds of cars, trucks, boats and more. Our window tinting professionals are highly skilled and incredibly meticulous when it comes to working with your car windows.
Our basic pricing is as follows:
For Cars & Trucks:
Per Window – $40 to $60 depending on the product and shade of tint
Rear Window - $40 to $120 depending on the product, shade and size of vehicle
Window Tint removal - $15 per window
For a specific quote, call us and we’ll be happy to give you a price over the phone. You can also fill out our contact form and one of our associates will be happy to discuss when it’s convenient.
1. Will there be dirt or bubbles in my tint?
a. More often than not, there may be a few tiny bubbles that are hardly visible unless you are up close and looking for them. This is natural. There will be no dirt, however and the tint will look super clean.
2. Do you offer a warranty?
A. Yes. We offer a 2 year warranty on our window tints which covers bubbles, peeling and discoloration.
3. How do I clean the windows after they are tinted?
A. Use an alcohol based product to clean your windows. It's important to remember not to move them up and down for the first day or two.
We know why you want your windows tinted. Mainly you like it because it looks cool. But you know what doesn’t look cool? When your window tint job is cracked and peeling OR it’s all bubbly and looks like you hired your neighbor’s teenage son to do it for 20 bucks. No, that actually looks worse and can be downright embarrassing. We would never want that to happen to you. And if you let us do the job for you, trust us…you won’t experience that.
We use the top products on the market. As we mentioned, we use Meguiars and Mothers California Gold Tint, two of the best tinting products and the ones we like the most. These are high quality products that won’t peel or discolor quickly. These will last for a long time and will stay clean and look as if you just had the tint put on.
We like to be very open with our customers and always want you to feel comfortable choosing us to perform your window tint job. There are a lot of choices and sometimes it can be hard to know who the right tinting company is for you. Whoever you decide to go with, keep these things in mind and try to avoid some simple mistakes.
- Don’t make decision based solely on price. Quite often a low price indicates that the company is using a low quality tint product. This will not be good for the long term and can often result in you having to get your windows re-tinted. Choose the company that offers superior products and stands behind their work.
- Avoid a company with little to no experience. Ask for references and make sure the company has the reputation to stand behind it. Check their reviews and make sure they are real. Sometimes that can be hard, but just seeing some past clients’ testimonials goes a long way.
- Don’t choose a company by just a phone call. Make sure you go check out the shop and talk to the professionals. You’ll get a good sense of who knows what they’re doing just by talking to them. At Mel’s you’ll have no doubt that we are the best window tinting guys around. Just come by and you’ll know right away.